The intention of this site is to support as many people as possible in creating a habit of practice. For 40 consecutive days, anyone who wants to can commit to a minimum of 10 minutes of asana. I will offer daily sequences here, something quick for busy days and a longer practice for when you have more time. Our start date is February 16, otherwise known as Fat Tuesday.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 35

I am under the weather. So I thought it would be a good idea to do a restorative sequence that I have had for a couple of years now that is especially good for mucous draining. I am not sure where I picked this particular sequence up from, either Yoga Journal or Noah Maze. Even though I seem to recall that any restorative sequence that I have ever gotten from Noah has had a 5 minute handstand in. Hmmmhhh.

Here the holds are more conservative. Everything is held for 5 minutes, but I think that you could do 3 minute holds and be just fine. Anyhow, the Kapha is flowing, the dam has broke and we need to take care. I hope this helps. I feel a bit better after doing it this morning, along with daily neti and tea.

Supported Childs Pose 5 min
Supported Down Dog 5 min
Prasarita Padotannasana 5 min
Supported Uttanasana 5 min
Supta Virasana 5 min
Sirsasana 5 min
Sarvangasana 5 min
Halasana 5 min
Jatara Parivartanasana 5 min
Setubandha 5 min
Savasana

This took me right around 75 minutes with a 10 minute Savasana. Shorter timings will shorten the practice considerably. This is a perfect day to turn within and take your time. The advent of Spring is so packed with energy, it is important to maintain the balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment