The intention of this site is to support as many people as possible in creating a habit of practice. For 40 consecutive days, anyone who wants to can commit to a minimum of 10 minutes of asana. I will offer daily sequences here, something quick for busy days and a longer practice for when you have more time. Our start date is February 16, otherwise known as Fat Tuesday.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 24

I think that today would be a good day to work on some hamstring stretches. I am going to do some balancing and some twisting with the 8:30 class this morning, so if that sounds good to you come on in (I am also teaching at 4:45 and 6:30, brace yourself Eider...).
But here, I want to look at some good hamstring openers. I like to start on the front and do some thigh stretches 1st. I am thinking somewhere between 20 minutes and a half an hour.

AMV
AMS
Uttanasana
Eka Pada Bhekasana
Supta Padangustasana 1 & 2
Runner's Lunge
Lunge/twist/thigh stretch
Janu Sirsasana
Triang Muhkaikapadapaschimottanasana
Hanumanasana 2-3x
Uttanasana
AMS
AMV
Savasana


No comments:

Post a Comment