The intention of this site is to support as many people as possible in creating a habit of practice. For 40 consecutive days, anyone who wants to can commit to a minimum of 10 minutes of asana. I will offer daily sequences here, something quick for busy days and a longer practice for when you have more time. Our start date is February 16, otherwise known as Fat Tuesday.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 22

My apologies for getting this up so late! If you have not done your practice yet today, I hope that you enjoy this one.

Some days I cannot drop into my practice. Today was one of those days. I can give myself any variety of reasons as to why: I am too busy, my house is too cold, I am anxious about one thing or another. But really the truth is that sometimes that is just the way that it goes. I do my best to stick with it and give myself a chance at shifting my energy. But sometimes, no dice. This is especially frustrating when everything seems lined up for a good practice, i.e. a quiet house... Oh well. In some ways, it really helps me to appreciate the times when I do so easily drop into the flow, into my body and into my breathe. Maybe even more than I would without days like today.

I did an old standby practice today, mostly because I needed to do inversions (which, by the way I will be teaching on Wednesday...), but if I weren't doing them, this practice would be fun.

AMV
AMS
Uttanasana
Uttkatasana
Vira 1
Vira 2
Garudasana
Parsvakonasana
Trikonasana
Parivritta Trikonasana
Parivritta Parsvakonasana
Ardha Chandrasana
Prasaritta Padottanasana
Uttanasana
AMS
AMV
Savasana

Standing Poses!

2 comments:

  1. I have missed your classes but I have done the ritual. I will not give up. It's been a really intense weekend of a lot of outward pouring of presence, but SO needed where it has landed. And every morning, I pull your wisdom and poses and take 20 minutes for myself. It's like 3 hours of sleep to refuel my tank. Does it get any better?? I think not. L.O.V.E.~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin. I was beginning to think the void... Keep on keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete