The intention of this site is to support as many people as possible in creating a habit of practice. For 40 consecutive days, anyone who wants to can commit to a minimum of 10 minutes of asana. I will offer daily sequences here, something quick for busy days and a longer practice for when you have more time. Our start date is February 16, otherwise known as Fat Tuesday.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 23

While I have a moment..

Maybe.

I have not been able to give this site as much attention as I would like to for the last week or so. I really want to get some links up on the sidebar with dates for regional Anusara Yoga events, but I have yet to do so. And I would like to out up some pictures in a tutorial form. Keep your fingers crossed that something emerges over the weekend. This is turning out to be a very busy time for me both with family and with teaching, I am also gearing up for a big trip to Tucson again at the end of this month (coinciding nicely with the end of our 40 days).

So, lots of busyness as you can see. Oh, and I want to make a quilt. Did I mention that? And some leg warmers, and a kitty hat, and organize my seeds for the season, and, well really I better not get started down that road. It is not yet 7am.

Let's see. Today I am teaching headstand and shoulderstand in class. But here, I am thinking more along the lines of forward folds.


AMV
AMS
Uttanasana
Uppavista Konasana
Parva Uppavista Konasana
Janu Sirsasana
Baddha Konasana
Marichyasana 3
Paschimottanasana
AMV
Savasana

This is a shorter practice. However, you may really find that you want to stay in poses for longer than a minute. I think that is great, so long as you really keep your legs steadily engaged. Also, you can add some Surya Namaskar in the beginning if you are so moved.
Have Fun and stay in touch!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meg,
    Sorry to have missed this morning's class.
    I'm at home with a clogged duct and my cabbage.
    I did this practice which was perfect for me.
    Amazing how many facets the hips have!
    Uppavista Konasana was like whoa, today!

    ReplyDelete