The intention of this site is to support as many people as possible in creating a habit of practice. For 40 consecutive days, anyone who wants to can commit to a minimum of 10 minutes of asana. I will offer daily sequences here, something quick for busy days and a longer practice for when you have more time. Our start date is February 16, otherwise known as Fat Tuesday.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 16

I just go through planning tomorrow morning's form class, and even though I spent the morning up in Iyengar Yoga land, I am still all flowing from the weekend with Sianna. Feels good, but definitely shifts the energy that I usually bring to Wednesday morning. Oh well. One thing that I know for sure to be true about myself is that I have to teach to what is inspiring me at the time. I am not sure if this is good or bad or confusing for my students or whatever. I just know that it is pretty much true. Hmmhh.

So, what I really want to put up here is a 20 minute practice. There is no way that I can put up what I have planned for class. Trust me. It would make no sense whatsoever. But, I think that it will prove to be rad tomorrow morning. We shall see. But here, 20 minutes. And then if you feel so good at the end of that 20 minutes that you want to keep going, grab an earlier sequence and breathe and move to your heart's delight!

3 Surya Namaskar A
3 Surya Namaskar B

(1 minute each/side)
Urdhva Hastasana
Trikonasana
Parsvakonasana
Ardha Chandrasana
Virabadrasana 1
Baddha Hasta Uttanasana (ahem, "ragdoll"- not rag-like)

Marichyasana 3, 3x
Paschimottanasana

Savasana

We are officially done with our 2nd week of practice so now would be a great time to pull out your personal journal again and reflect a bit on your experience so far. How was week 2 different from week 1? What shifts have you noticed not just in your practice, but in the way that you carry yourself, the way that you breathe, the movement of your awareness? Have you noticed any changes in your connection to your spiritual heart?

If you feel like sharing any of your personal insights, feel free.


No comments:

Post a Comment