The intention of this site is to support as many people as possible in creating a habit of practice. For 40 consecutive days, anyone who wants to can commit to a minimum of 10 minutes of asana. I will offer daily sequences here, something quick for busy days and a longer practice for when you have more time. Our start date is February 16, otherwise known as Fat Tuesday.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 17

Isn't it amazing that after just a few minutes of breath and movement your whole energy can be so radically shifted? I practiced for right around 30 minutes tonight, after I put my kids to be, which is usually such a sleepy not so productive time. But it was great and I felt totally re-energized and inspired for the evening and now I am ready to hit the hay. So good. It is so siple and yet it continues to be so profound for me. I feel so good when I practice. I feel more like myself more of the time. Amen.
Enough of my personal testimonial. What about you? What is happening for you through this process?
And what about this next sequence? Are you all still using these? Or are you so comfy at this point that you know just what to do? Perhaps a bit of both I suspect.
So, for Thursday, how about some backbends?

Surya Namaskar A 3x
Surya Namaskar B 3x
-for both of these, stay in cobra for several breathes instead of just an inhale.

Handstand and Pinca Mayurasana if you practice these, if not just skip 'em.
Virabadrasana 1 with hands clasped behind your back.
Anjanyasana
Parsvottanasana
Parivritta Parsvakonasana
(look familiar?)

Anjanyasana with a thigh stretch 3x
Pigeon thigh stretch
Dhanurasana
Setubandha and any variations that you like
Urdhva Dhanurasana 3-10x (not a typo)

AMS
Uttanasana
Baddha Konasana
Janu Sirsasana
Paschimotanasana

Savasana

This looks like somewhere between 45 minutes and an hour depending on holds and time between poses. Have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment