The intention of this site is to support as many people as possible in creating a habit of practice. For 40 consecutive days, anyone who wants to can commit to a minimum of 10 minutes of asana. I will offer daily sequences here, something quick for busy days and a longer practice for when you have more time. Our start date is February 16, otherwise known as Fat Tuesday.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 19

Attachment is suffering, and suffer I did when I could not find my sad little $3 kitchen timer yesterday as I headed out to practice. Fortunately, I used all of my tech savvy to use the timer on my phone. Not ideal, but entertaining. All of this reminded my again of central question: why have I still not purchased the Sportline timer? Procrastination aside, I cannot justify the shipping expense, which is basically 1/3 of the price of the timer. This is ridiculous really, because if you live where I do, ordering goods through the mail is virtually unavoidable. So, I am just going to put this out there, if 4 people want to order the timer ($20), the shipping cost will be waived. Let me know in the comments of you are game. (Of course, you must live in the Viroqua area...) What makes this timer so much superior to the regular kitchen timer, well, in a word, everything. It is designed for the particular use of the repeat function, so you do not need to come out of your practice to keep on re-setting your timer. Enough said.

OK. That was rather long, so I will keep it short from here.

I want to share with you the practice that I did yesterday. It may be a bit confusing in the translation, but I felt so good afterward that I had to share it here. Let me know if you have any questions and again, if you do not practice inversions, skip them.


Funky Eka Pada Adho Muhka Svanasana hip opening that we did with Sianna last weekend
AMS (1 min)
Sirsasana (5 min)
low lunge (1 min)
Uttanasana (1 min)
AMS (1 min)- lots of shins in thighs out
Standing on one leg -holding the other knee (Utthita hasta padangustasana prep)
Parsvakonasana (1 min)
Vrksasana (1 min)
Parsva Utthita Hasta Padangustasana (1 min)
Uttanasana
AMS
Setubandha
Supta Padangustasana prep
Supta Padangustasana #2
Succirandrasana (3 stages)
Supta Padangustasana #3 2x
AMS
Malasana
Janu Sirsasana b/t the legs
Baddha Konasana
AMS
Runner's lunge to lunge/twist/thigh stretch
AMS
Uttanasana
Hanumanasana
AMS
Sarvangasana (6 min)
Savasana

Rock it.

No comments:

Post a Comment