The intention of this site is to support as many people as possible in creating a habit of practice. For 40 consecutive days, anyone who wants to can commit to a minimum of 10 minutes of asana. I will offer daily sequences here, something quick for busy days and a longer practice for when you have more time. Our start date is February 16, otherwise known as Fat Tuesday.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 9

It appears that my immune system could handle only so much malaise before I too went down. So, I didn't get this up last night. I apologize to the early risers of the bunch.

At any rate, I am thinking about flowers this morning. Well, really there component parts. Especially seeds. It is the end of February, and one very useful survival tool in Wisconsin this time of year is to start turning Winter's daydream of next season's garden in to a reality. So in February, especially at the end, I think of flowers. And I begin to gather all of the seeds and make a definitive plan for the next few months. I love the energy of this time of year.

But there is another flower that I think about all year long.

The Lotus Flower.

This flower, like many, is a sacred bloom. It is revered as something that grows out of the much to become Splendor itself.

Today, lets get to lotus. This is a great sequence for doing so (and the very same one that we will be doing at my 8:30 class this morning if you want some instruction....)

Adho Muhka Svanasana
Parsvakonasana
Uttanasana
Pigeon prep
Janu Sirsasana
Uppavista Konasana
Parsva Uppavista Konasana
Baby Cradle
Agnistambasana
Bharadvajasana
Padmasana

Viola!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet Eider!!
    I hope you are all well.
    I am trying to rally so I feel better for the workshop this weekend.I'm not there yet,sadly.
    I've been missing everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally sick! Arrrr! But rallying for the weekend with Sianna as well.

    Eider is 1!

    ReplyDelete