The intention of this site is to support as many people as possible in creating a habit of practice. For 40 consecutive days, anyone who wants to can commit to a minimum of 10 minutes of asana. I will offer daily sequences here, something quick for busy days and a longer practice for when you have more time. Our start date is February 16, otherwise known as Fat Tuesday.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 7

I had really wanted to put up video, or at least some photos over the weekend, but sadly I have not had the chance to even make the said video or pictures. As I write this, I have a very croupy baby on my back. So sad. I have been vomited on 2 times in the last 3 days, by both kids. The hidden underbelly of the path of the householder.

So, I do have something great to offer you. Elsie Escobar. Check her out. She puts up a free podcast of her classes. And she has great thumbnail photos (just like the ones that I want to make!) Not to mention the leg warmers. Love the leg warmers.

This is the 7th day of the challenge. The end of one week. Something that is of great benefit to your asana practice, is self-reflection. You can dialogue with friends, you can have some quiet time for contemplation. But what I want to specifically recommend it the power of journalling. There is nothing like taking some time to write down what you are experiencing to help you get more clarity. In doing so, you will become incredibly potent in your ability to articulate what yoga really is for you.

So I would like you to journal for a little bit on each 7th day. On Mondays. You can set your timer for a realistic length of time (at least 10 minutes) and have at it. I would especially love if you could share an excerpt from your process in the comments. Yoga is a conversation that has been going on for 1000's of years and we get to be a part of that conversation. So amazing.

This is what I want to do tomorrow in the way of asana:

Supta Padangustasana 1-4 (1 min each)
Supta Virasana (5 min)
Uttanasana (3 min)
Adho Muhka Svanasana (3 min)
Setubandha with a block support under the sacrum (3 min)
Savasana

short and sweet.
Love it.

3 comments:

  1. Perfect for me today. Short and sweet that is! I just want to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTINA!
    See you tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, my sinuses are killing me. I'm just going to lay low and do the posted practice. I think I need a birthday re-do!

    ReplyDelete