The intention of this site is to support as many people as possible in creating a habit of practice. For 40 consecutive days, anyone who wants to can commit to a minimum of 10 minutes of asana. I will offer daily sequences here, something quick for busy days and a longer practice for when you have more time. Our start date is February 16, otherwise known as Fat Tuesday.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 6

I am tired today. Both of my kids are sick, and I am on a serious run of sleepless nights. Today I literally practiced amid sobbing. It was kind of crazy. And yet in the end it was immensely helpful. I really believe that when my children can see me tending to myself, that they are learning something vital. Not just about mama, but about all people and our basic human need for heart-centered self care. Often, when I finish, we are all settled more deeply in ourselves. Not just me. And there are days when nothing works out remotely as I had hoped and we are all punting. And that is great too because there we are practicing in another way what it means to be in the flow.

Sunday is traditionally one of my longer practice days of the week. Probably because it is the one day that I practice with other people and we hold each other there much more easily. So, I am going to give you the sequence that I will be doing in the morning. You can take it or leave it or just do some of it (or better yet come and practice the very same thing in community at 7 am in the morning.)

This is a sequence that we did at a workshop that I attended when I was pregnant with Eider. I loved it then and I love it now. But then again, the teacher was THE TEACHER and he is pretty much brilliant at all things including teaching a phenomenal class with a phenomenal sequence.

Adho Muhka Svanasana
Pigeon prep

the following poses in a Vinyasa:
Parsvakonasana
Trikonasana
Virabadrasana 2
Virabadrasana 1
Ardha Chandrasana to Trikonasana
Parivritta Trikonasana
Parivritta Parsvakonasnana
AMS
Uttanasana
Janu Sirsasana
Ardha Matseyandrasana
Triang Muhk Aikapadapaschimottanasana
Bharadvajasana 2
Uppavista Konasana
Parsva Uppavista Konasana
Hanumanasana 3x
Uttanasana
Ardha Baddha Uttanasana
Standing Kurmasana
Supta Tadasana
Supta Padangustasana 1,2,4
Yoga Dandasana 2x
Uttanasana
Savasana

Gets kind of crazy there at the end. Do what you can. Or go back and snag something from a previous day. That is the great thing. You should have a little folder building of possible practices. Love it. Rock on Yogins! And do not forget to check in.

4 comments:

  1. No comments? I am the last one standing? I have to say I am a bit sore, but it has been awesome so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yogi Dandasana was really optional. Did I mention that? Even though Kathy, Anna Jo and Judy totally rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to have missed this awesome practice!
    I have been sick as a dog...all those sleepless nights finally got me. I have been doing yoga every day in some way or another,though. Hopefully the worst is over and I'll be back in action. Tomorrow is my birthday...Sun salutations anyone??Maybe later in the week when I'm well.
    Hope your kids are better,Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meg,

    A bit late, but can you please clarify what Ardha Baddha Uttanasana is? thanks!

    ReplyDelete